SSC CGL 17 – Important Disclosure (RTI Reply)
SSCtube filed a RTI application to SSC and asked various important queries related to SSC CGL 17. The queries related to SSC CGL 17 asked from SSC are :
As per SSC Notice No. F.No.01/01/2017 C II dated 11th August, 2017, the Commission seized of the matter that with regard to the examination conducted on 10th August, 2017 (Batch II) (13.15 Hrs to 14.15 Hrs), the candidates faced problem in viewing one quantitative aptitude question, wherein a part of the question was not visible and subsequently Commission would take appropriate action on this specific issue so as to ensure that no candidate is put to any disadvantage on this account.
In this regard, it is requested to give point wise replies to below mentioned queries and if information is not available with CPIO, then kindly forward the application to person/section concerned under intimation to the applicant of this RTI.
1) What appropriate action has Commission taken in regard to SSC CGL TIER 1 2017 conducted on 10th August, 2017 (Batch II) (13.15 Hrs to 14.15 Hrs). Cite actions related to quantitative aptitude question which was not clearly visible.
2) Also mention, the date and Batch (and timings) in which technical glitches were faced by the vendor/SSC Commission .
3) SSC did lower the cut off of Tier 1 examination of SSC CGL 2017 however it may be clarified that whether Normalization has been executed by SSC or not. If not, then whether any proposal or action is in pipeline to execute the same.
4) Are labs being booked by SSC for SSC CGL Tier-2 which is scheduled to be conducted starting from 17.02.2018
Early reply will be appreciated. Thank you.
In its RTI Reply SSC answered the queries related to SSC CGL 17. Please see that below:
The examination was conducted in Computer Based Mode through Service Provider. Therefore, the matter was taken up with the Service Provider who has given comments Point No. 1, 2 & 4 is as under
1. After scrutiny of Question Paper and challenge face by the candidates in viewing QA question appeared on 10th August 2017 Batch-II, Commission took the decision to award BENEFIT TO ALL candidates of Batch-II of 10th August, 2017 for Question ID No. 172, 173, 174 & 175 (Subject Code 110).
2. Not in other batches.
3. No recorded information is available with the CPIO. However, it is stated that In the Computer Based Mode, major examinations of the Commission, generally for a large number of candidates, are conducted over a number of shifts/days. In the conduct of such examinations, the Commission prescribes the difficulty level for questions to be administered in the examination. Thereafter, a panel of Experts exercises due diligence to ensure the prescribed level of difficulty in the questions prepared and parity in the difficulty level of questions across question paper sets for being administered to the candidates of any examination.
4. Work in Progress.
Download RTI Reply PDF – CLICK HERE
Conclusion from this RTI Reply.
- Benefit to all given in all those misprinted quant questions of 10th Aug Batch II.
- Technical glitch was there with only this shift (As per RTI)
- Commission stand is still adamant on normalization.
- Lab booking process is going on as written “Work in Progress”