*For SSC CGL 2014 Interviews – An Important topic to read.
Digital India is a Programme to prepare India for a knowledge future.
- The focus is on being transformative – to realize IT + IT = IT
- The focus is on making technology central to enabling change.
- It is an Umbrella Programme – covering many departments.
- It weaves together a large number of ideas and thoughts into a single, comprehensive vision so that each of them is seen as part of a larger goal.
- Each individual element stands on its own. But is also part of the larger picture.
- It is coordinated by DeitY, implemented by the entire government.
- The weaving together makes the Mission transformative in totality
- The Programme:
- Pulls together many existing schemes.
- These schemes will be restructured and re-focused.
- They will be implemented in a synchronized manner.
- Many elements are only process improvements with minimal cost.
- The common branding of programmes as Digital India highlights their transformative impact.
Vision of Digital India Centered on 3 Key Areas
- Digital Infrastructure as a Utility to Every Citizen
- Governance & Services on Demand
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens